Choosing chin augmentation cosmetic surgery is a vital decision that will have a lasting impact on the patient’s life. This surgical procedure can provide a higher level of self-confidence to people who are unhappy with their recessive chin appearance.
In the hands of a less trained or less experienced surgeon, a patient may experience less than perfect results, leading to disappointment and sometimes additional time and money spent in revision surgery. This makes it essential for the patient to identify a well-trained and experienced chin augmentation surgeon.
The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS), led by board certified plastic surgeons, provides chin augmentation to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations in this mighty American state.
Selecting an ABPS Board Certified Surgeon
The patient should try to choose a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
Board certified surgeons would have received a certain minimum number of years of training in surgery following medical school. The surgeon must also undergo a minimum of two years of plastic surgery residency training to attain this certification.
Personal Rapport and Comfort Level
The patient should pay close attention to how the surgeon and their team make them feel. Any surgical procedure has risks associated with it which may create roadblocks in the patient’s path to achieving their desired chin appearance. This makes it vital for the patient to identify a surgeon whom they are completely at ease with and can trust.
Some questions that the patient should ask themselves are:
- How do I feel when interacting with the plastic surgeon?
- Do I trust this surgeon to recommend procedures that are safe and effective?
- Do I feel that I can openly ask the surgeon questions and express concerns during the entire chin augmentation process?
- Will be comfortable enough to reveal my medical history and lifestyle behaviors to the surgeon?
Questions to Ask During the Consultation
The patient should ideally enlist any questions that they may have before the pre-op consultation. Some aspects that the patient can include in their list of questions are:
- Details on the background and qualifications of the surgeon
- Information on the surgical venue (the procedure should ideally be undertaken at a hospital, an accredited private surgery suite, or surgical center)
- Emergency protocols
- Risks associated with chin augmentation
- The number of facial surgeries that the surgeon has performed previously
- Chin augmentation surgery alternatives
- Testimonials and ‘before and after’ pictures of past patients
In case the patient feels that the surgeon is not open and transparent, they should re-evaluate their choice of a cosmetic surgeon for the chin enhancement surgery.
Focus on Customization and Innovation
The facial and chin anatomy of every individual is unique. A patient can usually attain the best chin augmentation outcomes when the plastic surgeon individualizes the surgery according to the specific anatomical and aesthetic requirements of the patient.
When the plastic surgeon individualizes the chin enhancement surgery according to the specific anatomical and aesthetic requirements of the patient, the outcomes of the procedure are usually excellent.
Plastic surgeons who adopt cutting-edge techniques can offer the patient desirable results in a minimally invasive and less painful manner. Experienced cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and other towns and cities in The Lone State for chin augmentation.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.