About Breast Implant Removal
Breast implant removal is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to remove old or damaged implants to restore the original appearance of the breasts. In some cases, the old implants may be replaced with new ones, which could of the same or different type, size, and shape.
Breast implant removal surgery may be required as a necessity due to failure of primary implants, or because the patient has an aesthetic need to replace the old implants with new ones. In any case, before going ahead with the decision to replace implants, the patient should clarify all their doubts and concerns with the surgeon.
It will help her to make a better informed decision about the procedure. Board certified plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide breast implant removal to patients in Houston, Texas, TX and surrounding locations. During the initial consultation, the surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions and address them in adequate details.
Questions about the Surgeon’s Skills
Patient should have a clear idea about the skills, training and experience of the surgeon, particularly for a major procedure such as breast implant removal or exchange plastic surgery.
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
- What is your experience in performing breast surgery procedures?
- How many breast surgeries do you perform each year on average?
- What has been your rate of success in performing breast implant removal ore replacement?
- Will you provide breast implant exchange before and after pictures of previous patients?
- Do you receive patients regularly from Houston, TX, and nearby areas for breast procedures?
- Would it be possible for me to interact with your staff to learn more about your plastic surgery practice?
- What is the policy of your practice with regard to revision procedure, if necessary?
- Should I only remove the implants or replace them?
- Looking at my current problem and breast anatomy, what implant removal technique would you recommend?
- Will the implant replacement surgery involve surgical re-sizing of the existing breast cavity?
- How much will be the cost of the new implants, if I choose a replacement?
Risks and Complications
- Are the potential risks and complications similar to that of the primary breast augmentation?
- Are there ways to prevent or reduce the risk of complications?
- Are there any precautions I should take to reduce the chances of implant failure again?
- If any complication develops after the procedure, will I need another surgery?
- Should I get myself insured against potential complications?
Preparation and Recovery
- What kind of lifestyle or diet changes may be necessary during the recovery period?
- What exercises should I perform to reduce swelling and bruising during the recovery?
- Prior to the procedure, will I have to re-schedule my regular medications or herbal supplements?
- In how many days will I be able to return to work after the surgery?
An experienced surgeon will usually address most of these questions on their own at the time of pre-op consultation. However, the patient should also maintain a list of questions and be completely satisfied before taking a decision on the procedure. Cosmetic surgeons at ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX and nearby areas for breast implant removal.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.