Questions to Ask Your Liposuction Plastic Surgeon
Before a patient has finalized their decision to have liposuction cosmetic surgery, they should obtain all relevant facts about the procedure and improve their familiarity about the surgical practice and the operating surgeon.
An informed patient is in a better position to make the right choices and will also have more confidence about going ahead with the surgery.
A committed plastic surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions and clear all their concerns and doubts related to various aspects of the surgery. Patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations have an opportunity to receive liposuction and other body contouring surgeries from the Aesthetic Center of Plastic Surgery (ACPS).
Questions about the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained in the field of plastic surgery and how many years of experience do you have?
- Have you performed liposuction surgery previously, and what is your patient satisfaction rate in this procedure?
- Which surgical venue would you recommend for performing my surgery?
- Do you have staff privileges at one of the local hospitals in the region?
- Is your practice equipped to deal with emergencies?
- What is your office policy with regard to revision surgery, in case the results are not according to what we agreed upon?
Questions about the Procedure
- Am I a suitable candidate for liposuction surgery?
- Which liposuction surgical technique would you choose to perform fat reduction in my case?
- Will I have to make any lifestyle or dietary changes or adjust the schedule of my current medications prior to liposuction surgery?
- Would you use general or local anesthesia to perform the procedure?
- Can I review liposuction before and after photographs belonging to earlier patients who have undergone liposuction?
Questions about Recovery
- Are there any serious risks and complications associated with liposuction?
- Is the recovery going to be painful?
- How much time will it take for the complete recovery?
- What steps can I take to make the recovery safer and faster?
- When can I expect to be back at my workplace and resume my regular activities and exercises?
Questions about Costs
- What is going to be the overall cost of liposuction procedure?
- Does your quoted price include the pre- and post-surgical expenses?
- Is there a significant cost difference when the procedure is performed at a hospital or an accredited surgical center?
- Will I have to pay additionally for the post-surgical appointments at your office?
- If I choose liposuction along with one or more additional procedures, will it make eligible for a special package price or a rebate?
- Can your office guide me with regard to information on insurance and financing?
The patient may also request for testimonials of past patients who may have received liposuction from the surgeon. Patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas receive liposuction and various other surgical and non-surgical procedures from experienced cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery(ACPS)physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.