A candidate for breast augmentation cosmetic surgery should know clearly about the benefits and limitations of the procedure and be familiar with the surgeon and the practice where she wants to undergo the surgery. A well-informed patient will make better decisions and is more likely to appreciate the final outcome of her surgery.
A dedicated surgeon will encourage patients to ask questions and clarify all their doubts and concerns during the initial consultation. The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS), led by board certified plastic surgeons, provides breast augmentation surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery, and if yes, from which board?
- How many years of surgical training and experience do you have in this field?
- Have you previous performed breast surgeries, and what is your success rate in these procedures?
- Would you perform my breast augmentation plastic surgery at a hospital, ambulatory surgical center or a private surgical suite?
- Do you have staff privileges in one of the local hospitals or surgery centers?
- If any emergency occurs, is your practice equipped to deal with it?
- If there is an immediate implant failure after the surgery, would you perform a revision procedure, and do you have an office policy for revisions surgeries?
Questions about Breast Augmentation
- Am I a suitable candidate for breast augmentation?
- What type and size of breast implants should I choose?
- What incision technique and implant position would you recommend for me?
- Would you recommend breast implants in conjunction with breast lift in my case?
- Will I have to make any lifestyle or dietary adjustments or changes to my current medications in preparation for my surgery?
- Will you use general or local anesthesia to perform my surgery?
- Do you work with qualified anesthesiologists?
- Can I return home the same day after the surgery?
- Are there any risks and complications in breast augmentation that I should know about?
- How many days will I have to take off from work after the surgery?
- Can you share with me a few breast augmentation before and after images?
Questions about the Price Tag
- What would be your surgical fee to perform breast augmentation?
- Does the cost estimate also include the anesthesiologist’s fee and surgical facility expenses?
- What will be my expense for post-operative visits, surgical garments, medical tests, and prescription medications?
- If I combine breast augmentation with lift, will the procedure become more cost-effective in comparison to individual surgeries?
- Are there any circumstances where breast augmentation costs may be covered by health insurance?
- Will your office be able to guide me about any financing options?
A decision about choosing the breast augmentation surgeon should be taken only after the patient receives satisfactory answers to all her questions and concerns. Experienced cosmetic surgeons at ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas for breast augmentation surgery.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.