Rhinoplasty Plastic Surgery
Patients who are thoroughly prepared for the surgery will often feel more confident and make better decisions at every stage. Patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations in this high flying state have an opportunity to receive rhinoplasty from poignant, focused, and board certified plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS).
Prior to the Consultation
Once the patient has decided to undergo nose surgery, they can start preparing for it right away. The following preparatory steps can be taken beforehand to save time during the pre-operative consultation with the surgeon:
- Arrange to deliver previous medical records from the doctor and the hospital to the surgeon’s office. The surgeon will review them to note any pre-existing health conditions, including sinus, breathing issues, or allergies to determine the patient’s candidacy for nose plastic surgery.
- Get in touch with the health insurance provider to learn about specific situations where full or partial costs of rhinoplasty may be covered under the patient’s health plan.
- Make a list of all the prescription and non-prescription drugs, including vitamins and herbal supplements that the patient may be currently using.
- Review the surgeon’s practice website closely to familiarize with their practice as well as nose surgery procedure for a more effective consultation.
- Note down questions that the patient may wish to ask from the surgeon during the consultation in order to make the right decision.
Fitness and Diet
The patient should follow a healthy, balanced diet in the weeks or months ahead of the rhinoplasty procedure. Lean protein intake may be increased during this while. To improve fitness levels, the patient should start following a regular exercise regimen. If the patient is in good health and has a strong fitness level, it will enhance their physical and mental resilience to easily sustain through the surgery as well as recovery.
Before the Surgery
It is a good idea for working people to apply for one week’s leave in advance at their workplace because rhinoplasty will typically require them to stay home for at least a week after the surgery. The patient should also request for another few days of low physical activity at the workplace. Any urgent tasks at home or office should be completed in advance so that the patient can have a stress-free recovery.
Most patients will return home the same day after the surgery because rhinoplasty is performed on an outpatient basis. They should arrange for someone to drive them back home after the surgery. If required, the patient should also arrange for aftercare for a few days, especially if they have little children to take care of at home.
On the night before the surgery, the patient should sleep well. They should wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes with front buttons while visiting the surgery center. Committed and astute cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and other communities and suburbs in the economic powerhouse of The Lone State for rhinoplasty and various other cosmetic procedures.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.