IMPROVING THE AESTHETIC FORM & FUNCTION OF A WOMAN’S MOST INTIMATE AREA
You might be surprised to learn that labiaplasty was the second fastest growing cosmetic surgery procedure in 2013, increasing by 44 percent from the previous year. While breast augmentation, liposuction, and tummy tuck surgery have long reigned as the most sought after aesthetic surgery procedures among women, according to national statistics, female cosmetic surgical rejuvenation is fast becoming popular because it’s no longer a taboo topic, said plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi L. Hustak of The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery.
“For years, women may not have liked this part of themselves or they were uncomfortable with certain activities because of it. But they didn’t know anything could be done to improve the situation, so they just lived with it,” said Dr. Hustak.
And now that the conversation has started, it’s everywhere. Dr. Hustak noted, “Women no longer have to be embarrassed about the way their tighter clothes fit and no longer have to feel self-conscious about how they appear during intimacy.”
For others, these procedures alleviate a lack of padding in this region, which makes certain activities such as riding a horse or motorcycle physically uncomfortable. The various concerns women express about this area including labial asymmetry or hypertrophy (excessively large) may be something they were born with or that they may have developed due to pregnancy or massive weight shifts. Whatever the issue, “there is usually something that can be done to improve it,” Dr. Hustak commented.
Body Procedures Pricing Range
- Body Lift - $13,000
- Thigh Lift - $8,000 and Up
- Arm Lift - $6,000 and Up
- Liposuction - $4,900 and Up
- Liposuction (Women) - $4,900 and Up
- Tummy Tuck - $8,800 and Up
- Buttock Enhancement (with fat graft) - $7,000 and Up
- Liposuction for Men - $5,500 & up
While labiaplasty to reduce the size of the inner labial lips are two of the most common and recognizable form of female cosmetic genital rejuvenation, the term actually encompasses a broader array of procedures that Dr. Hustak performs to improve aesthetic form and function. This includes the following:
- Vaginal wall loosening, which many women experience as a result of childbirth, can be improved by tightening the inner mucosal walls through a vaginoplasty procedure.
- The labial majora (outer lips) may benefit from reduction or volume enhancement to improve atrophy that occurs due to weight loss or post-menopausal changes.
- In some women, the clitoral hood is redundant, and modifying this feature can lead to greater sexual gratification, as can “G” spot enhancement.
- The mons pubis (upper genital area) often becomes out of balance due to post pregnancy changes or weight shifts. Liposuction can be used to treat excessive fullness. In contrast, volume enhancement may be the goal, and this is typically achieved through either cosmetic injectable fillers or fat grafting, where fat is removed through liposuction of an area where it’s unwanted and moved to another for added fullness.
Most of these procedures do not require general anesthesia, particularly if they are the sole procedure that is performed. However, some women may opt to perform them in combination with other procedures that require general anesthesia.
If you are interested in learning more about female cosmetic genital rejuvenation and if it’s right for you, please email or contact our office at 713-354-5145 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Kristi L. Hustak.